Spring House-Selling Tips
How to Sell Your House in Spring
As the seasons change and weather warms up, the housing market does the same! Are you thinking of selling your home in Sioux Falls this spring? As your trusted realtors in Sioux Falls, our team is here to help. We provided some tips that will help you sell your home faster and for more money. Our years of experience have allowed us to sell more homes, for the highest dollar and in the shortest amount of time. We’re bringing our proven strategies to you so you can sell your house soon!
Whether it’s online or in-person, most home shoppers see the outside of your home first. First impressions are a big deal when it comes to selling your home so we want to start there. If you’re in Sioux Falls, Harrisburg, Brandon or Tea, you know how fast the weather changes! Chances are you haven’t had too much time for spring maintenance yet, so let's get started with how you can polish up your curb appeal. Creating a checklist will be helpful to stay on track and not get overwhelmed.
- Raking the lawn of any scattered winter debris
- Trimming back hedges and bushes as necessary to make clean lines
- Hit the perimeter of your lawn with an edging tool to get the winter grime off of the outer areas of your lawn and to have it cut a clean line as well
- Trim tangled or messy branches that may have gotten broken in the winter
- Power wash the siding of your house and don’t forget your windows while you’re at it. At least all of the windows visible from the front of the house
- Sweep and wash driveway, sidewalks and walkways
- Replace your old welcome mat for a fresh clean one
- Plant cold spring flowers like Pansies, Snapdragons, and Dwarf Crested Iris’s
- Clean your gutters
Now that your curb appeal is looking better let's move inside your home. In a previous article, we outlined 5 Quick Tips to Staging Your Home. Staging matters and it helps continue those great first impressions, or in this case, a second impression! You’ve done a great job outside springing into the new season, congratulations! Knowing the market is starting to heat up and depending on your timeline to sell will usually set the pace for how quickly you want to stage your home.
For some sellers, decluttering a house is a great start. It’s also a great way to get started with all of your packing. As you move throughout each room, you can label the room or space you’re in so you’re more prepared for your next home. Then, on to Staging Your Home!
If you have any questions please reach out to our team at (605) 376-6780. The trained and motivated professionals from the Amy Stockberger team are here to help you sell your house with a proven home evaluation process designed to increase profits and decrease turnaround. We can help with a FREE consultation, seller resources, and much more!
- Samantha Benson